Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Onions

I've been traveling a lot for work lately. Seeing some beautiful country...reminds me that I should hit the road instead of jumping on a plane...



I like eating at the Mom and Pop diners in the area...full of old people and young families, many Mexican American. The waitresses know their habits and wants. Lots of chit chat and gentle teasing.

 Today's local paper had two typos in a front page headline. I don't think anyone cares :)

The food is sometimes good. On this trip I'm working overnights and sleeping in the days. Coffee with dinner and a glass of wine with breakfast. Draws some attention in the morning, but so far no one has made a fuss.

I usually have a salad with dinner. Still trying to get five servings of veg a day. It sucks, but I feel good and keep having to buy smaller clothes :).

It's the salads that are my main gripe.

To all restaurants...Please Stop Putting Thinly Sliced Red Onion Rings On My Salads! They're impossible to eat...too large as served...and when I cut them up they are long strands that stick out the sides of my mouth...that's assuming I can get them into my mouth. Try stabbing something that thin with your fork. There has to be a better way.

I love onions. Maybe they could be minced and tossed on top...or mixed with the dressing. Of course that assumes that the salad comes to the table dressed...not with the dressing in a little paper cup on the side.

Another gripe for another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment